Last revised April 15, 2019
- Children Under the Age of 13
- Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Information You Provide to Us
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- How We Use Your Information
- Disclosure of Your Information
- Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Data Security
- Data Protection Rights
- Contact Information
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Thule Websites.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Thule Websites.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from the Thule Websites, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Thule Websites.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party including our affiliates and subsidiaries; or
- any third party including our affiliates and subsidiaries, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Thule Websites
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it.
Children Under the Age of 13
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Thule Websites or on or through any of its features/register on the Thule Websites, make any purchases through the Thule Websites, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Thule Websites or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please Contact Us.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Thule Websites when you visit and interact with the Thule Websites, including when you place an order, create an account, check out as a guest, join our mailing list, contact us (via email, telephone, or otherwise), respond to a survey or questionnaire, or enter a contest, sweepstakes, or other promotion sponsored by us. You may provide information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, billing address, shipping address, e-mail address, telephone number, and credit card number and expiration date or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as IP address, operating system, browser type and language, date and time of your visit, ISP, referring URL, the Thule Websites pages most frequently accessed, search terms entered, your geographic region, industry, the type of content you view; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Thule Websites and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Thule Websites. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through the Thule Websites may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Thule Websites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Thule Websites, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with the Thule Websites.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Thule Websites and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Your search queries on the Thule Websites.
- Information available in your social network or social media profile if you link your account with third-party social networking sites, such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter or with other social media applications or plug-ins.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Thule Websites or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Thule Websites with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
. As you navigate through and interact with the Thule Websites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Thule Websites, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Thule Websites.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). For example, you may use the Network Advertising Initiative’s Opt-Out Tool
and the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Opt-Out Tool
for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on the Thule Websites and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking. We may also use Google Analytics and Google AdWords on the Thule Websites to collect Usage Information, to analyze how users use the Thule Websites and to provide advertisements to you on other websites. For more information about how to opt out of having your information used by Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve the Thule Websites and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Thule Websites according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Thule Websites.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Thule Websites may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Thule Websites. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Section 6 Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Web Beacons. Pages of the Thule Websites and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Thule Websites statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Thule Websites content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Section 6 Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present the Thule Websites and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Thule Websites or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please Contact Us. For more information, see Section 6 Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Thule, Inc.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Thule, Inc. about the Thule Websites users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Thule, Inc., our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can submit an opt-out request through our Contact Us page. You can also always opt-out by logging into the Thule Websites and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can submit an opt-out request through our Contact Us page or at any other time by logging into the Thule Websites and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Thule Websites and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Thule Websites that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at: Thule, Inc., 42 Silvermine Rd., Seymour, CT 06483. Please include your full name and address and Thule Websites username, if applicable.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Thule Websites like comment or review sections. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Thule Websites.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Thule Websites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Thule Websites.
Data Protection Rights
You have the right to request access to the personal data which Thule Group processes about you. Moreover, you have the right to request that incorrect or incomplete personal data is corrected. You also have the right to, at any time, withdraw your consent to Thule Group's processing of your personal data, with future effect.
As of the 25 May 2018 you also have, to the extent applicable data protection legislation provides, a right to object to certain processing of personal data, a right to request restriction of the processing of your personal data, and a right to data portability. The right to data portability covers such personal data which Thule Group processes based on an agreement between you and Thule Group or based on your consent, and which you have provided, i.e. name, email, phone number, country, products bought and registered, serial numbers, purchase date and point of purchase. If you have any questions or concerns regarding Thule Group's processing of your personal data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Naturally, you also have the right, should you wish, to lodge a complaint with the national data protection authority.
email@example.com or via our toll-free number: 800-238-2388.